7HR Site Safety Manager Refresher
Course Length:7 Hours
- $225 per person
- $205.50 per person for groups of 4-5 (10% discount)
- $191.25 per person for groups of 6+ (15% discount)
Prerequisites:Individuals attending this course must hold an expired or soon to be expired Site Safety Manager (SSM), Site Safety Coordinator (SSC) and/or Construction Superintendent (CSI) license. Renewal applications must be sent to the DOB no later than 30-60 days prior to license expiration. For additional information, please visit: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dob/html/development/licensing_main.shtml
Audience:This course is designed for Site Safety Manager (SSM), Site Safety Coordinator (SSC) and/or Construction Superintendent (CSI) intending to renew their licenses.
The NYC Site Safety Managers Refresher program provided by TSCTA allows you to complete the 7 hours of continuing education that is required every three years when renewing your license by the Department of Buildings. The Refresher course is required for client’s renewing the following licenses/registrations: Site Safety Manager (SSM), Site Safety Coordinator (SSC), or Construction Superintendent (CS).
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Navigate the New York City Department of Buildings website to stay current with Building Codes, New York City Rules, Bulletins and applications.
- Identify rules and regulations that were promulgated after serious concrete construction accidents in New York City.
- Demonstrate the reasons for New York City safety rules on concrete projects.
- Illustrate New York City specific hazards for concrete construction and the control methods for those hazards.
- Choose safe work practices at their construction sites based on prudent decision-making.
- Motivate other employees to make changes to improve the safety culture of New York City.
- Evaluate the difference between the OSHA standards and Chapter 33 of Building Code of New York City.
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including hands-on exercises.
Students are not permitted to miss more than 2 hours of class time. Should this occur, it is the student’s responsibility to contact TSCTA to schedule a make up session or arrange to attend another scheduled event. Student will not be eligible to receive certificate of completion without making up missed time.