7HR Site Safety Manager Refresher
Course Length:7 Hours
- $225 per person
- $205.50 per person for groups of 4-5 (10% discount)
- $191.25 per person for groups of 6+ (15% discount)
Prerequisites:Individuals attending this course must hold an expired or soon to be expired Site Safety Manager (SSM), Site Safety Coordinator (SSC) and/or Construction Superintendent (CSI) license. Renewal applications must be sent to the DOB no later than 30-60 days prior to license expiration. For additional information, please visit: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dob/html/development/licensing_main.shtml
Audience:This course is also a training requirement for Registered Architects or Licensed Professional Engineers who wish to apply for a Construction Superintendent license. For the full license requirements, please view the Title 1 of the Rules of the City of New York §104-06 Continuing Education requirements.
The NYC Site Safety Managers Refresher program provided by TSCTA allows you to complete the 7 hours of continuing education that is required every three years when renewing your license by the Department of Buildings. The Refresher course is required for client’s renewing the following licenses/registrations: Site Safety Manager (SSM), Site Safety Coordinator (SSC), or Construction Superintendent (CS).
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Navigate the New York City Department of Buildings website to select appropriate Building Codes, New York City Rules, Bulletins and applications.
- Identify the rules and regulations that were promulgated after serious construction accidents in New York City.
- Explain the reasons for New York City safety rules.
- Prescribe control measures for New York City safety issues.
- Choose safe work practices at their construction sites based on prudent decision-making.
- Motivate other employees to make changes to improve the safety culture of New York City.
- Differentiate between the OSHA standards and Chapter 33 of Building Code of New York City.
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including hands-on exercises.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portion of the training, it is the student's responsibility to contact TSCTA to arrange to attend another scheduled event.